Midfielder Shakhtar Artem Bondarenkothe author of the goal scored against Zorya, commented on the winning match with the Luhansk team in the UPL (3:0):
– Congratulations on your victory! Your summary about the match?
– Thank you! A general comment can be summed up in two words: I am happy. We won an important victory over a good opponent. Before the game, it was not very good to read the news, where they said: “We have to beat Shakhtar,” as if we were the 10th team in the championship. I think today we showed the result and mood with our game – everything was at the highest level.
– Did such news set the team aggressively?
– It motivated the team in a good way. There is self-respect, therefore it is even better to read such news.
Why was the pace slow?
– It’s hard to say, I think it was hot. Despite the pace of the match, the skill was at a high level, because Zorya demonstrate good football and we are also trying to do it. I think the fans liked the game.
– How is it to score in such an important and responsible match?
– As I said before: there are no small victories, and I am pleased to score both for the last team and for the second or fourth. I don’t want to single out this goal as super-important. I’m happy that I helped the team win, and it motivates me and makes me happy. But I would not call this goal directly so super-important.
– What is the importance of this goal?
– This goal helped us calm down and close the game, because with the score 1-0 the team was a little uncertain. And already with the score 2:0 you stand on your feet more confidently, you breathe easier and the score gives you wings.
– Did it become easier for the team to play after the opponent sent off?
– Certainly! The rival on emotions was mistaken. It is clear that in such a match an additional player is a big advantage.
– Did the defeat of Dnipro-1 add motivation?
– We try not to watch the games of Dnipro-1, but we knew the result and this motivated us. We understood that there is a good chance to increase the gap.
– Shakhtar is one step away from the title. You, like many young players, are in this situation for the first time. Do you have worries or feel excessive pressure?
– Of course, there is pressure, but it has been with us for some time, from match to match. We approach Dnipro-1 with respect, because we lost to them last year. I hope we can redeem ourselves this time.
#Zorya #wanted #beat #Shakhtar #10th #UPL #team